Are you getting the most out of your meals? Or do you feel hungry all the time and have yet to see the results you expect? Truth is, to get results you need to eat foods that will actually give you results! Adding foods that are not only high in nutrients, but also boost your metabolism will help you feel satisfied and give you results you can see. Check out this list of 5 foods you may even have on hand right now. They have been proven to boost your metabolism, giving you long and lasting results.
1. Grapefruit - Grapefruit has been proven to help boost metabolism and burn fat. However, do not even attempt the "Grapefruit Diet". Instead, try having a grapefruit with breakfast or as a snack. You can even juice a grapefruit and add it to your Banana Muscle Mix for a truly tropical drink.
2. Oatmeal - A true hero, oatmeal is a blank canvas begging to be enjoyed at all times of the day. Better than being delicious, oatmeal actually combats Leptin resistance. Leptin is the "hunger hormone", the chemical released by fat cells telling your brain that you are full. Being resistant to Leptin is believed to be one of the biggest causes for obesity. Eating oatmeal can turn on that hormone and help you feel full.
3. Green Tea - The slight amount of caffeine in green tea speeds up your body's fat fighting power. Green tea also releases FGCG which stimulates the nervous system, letting calories be burned at a faster rate. T.K.O. Tea contains green tea along with 6 other natural herbs, proven to fat fight and curb cravings. Drink this tea first thing in the morning or in the afternoon when you feel a bit sluggish.
4. Hot Peppers - Colored bell peppers are a great source of vitamins and minerals, but switch it up at times and add hot peppers to your meal - especially eggs, tacos, and soups! Substances in the peppers increase blood flow. This increased blood flow actually boosts your metabolism and causes your body to burn fat!
5. Low-Fat Yogurt - With bragging rights to high protein and calcium, low-fat yogurt is an excellent, diet-friendly snack options. When buying low-fat yogurt, the number one precaution is to make sure it is also low sugar. Flavored varieties are often too good to be true and contain high amounts of sugar. Instead, try unflavored green yogurt in a Muscle smoothie to make it thick or mix Greek yogurt into your oatmeal!
How are you going to incorporate more of these fat-fighting foods into your diet? If you enjoyed this article make sure to share it!